#OneWord 2018

This past year was packed with great experiences and opportunities, but in the process, I became overwhelmed, losing sight of some important things.  After reading many leadership books and practicing the miracle morning for a couple of months I was reminded that the best things in life do not cost anything.  My word for 2018 is “Simplicity”.

sim·plic·i·ty

a thing that is plain, natural, or easy to understand.

Life should not be that complicated.  By cluttering our schedules and daily endeavors we tend to make things more complex than they really are. From my wardrobe (a girl can get distracted by clothes) to my schedule, I am looking to live a simplified life this year. I look forward to create space for memories and time for those who I am still blessed to have with me.

Some of my goals are to:

• Simplify my schedule- I will focus on the things that matter and help me become a better mom, wife, and leader. I will be intentional about scheduling time for myself.
  • Simplify my wardrobe- A girl can get distracted with so many fashion trends and choices in the morning. I will fall in love with the items I own and keep a simplified closet.
  • Simplified meals- The goal is to eat and spend time with my family. Who really cares if dinner is boxed mac and cheese?
  • Simplified relationships- With a tight budget this year, our staff has been able to do miracles with less and guess what? Kids are still learning and making growth. We have tapped into the best resource: US.  And the best thing is that it doesn’t cost anything. Collaboration is going strong and we are learning more about each other’s strengths.
  • Simplified gifts- I will be gifting experiences this year. No more gifts that will be shelfed and unused.  You can’t take away the power of moments.

I am super excited about decluttering and making room for simplicity.  Bye, Bye Perfection…. Our relationship is no longer working. I found a new love: Simplicity. I must break up with you this year. I know. You are probably crushed.  But it will be o.k. You are just too hard to please. 

2 Comments on #OneWord 2018

1. Jeff
    January 1, 2018 at 3:53 pm (4 years ago)

I LOVE THIS WORD! So perfect, it’s what we can all use too! #simplify

Reply
  2. Cindy Reasoner
    January 1, 2018 at 4:03 pm (4 years ago)

I love this! Simple is Strong! Best wishes for an amazing 2018!

Reply